Five basic belief of Unity:
- "God is the source and creator of all. There is no other enduring power. God is good and present everywhere."
- "We are spiritual beings created in God's image. The spirit of God lives within each person; therefore, all people are inherently good."
- "We create our life experiences through our way of thinking."
- "There is power in affirmative prayer, which we believe increases our connection to God."
- "Knowledge of these spiritual principles is not enough. We must live them."
A Brief History of Unity:
Unity was founded in 1889 in Kansas City, Missouri, by Charles and Myrtle Fillmore. After Mrs. Fillmore's remarkable healing using prayer and affirmations, many friends became interested in how she accomplished this healing. Unity grew from small prayer circles in living rooms to the worldwide movement it is today. To learn more about Unity visit www.unity.org or come visit us any Sunday morning. Everyone is welcomed.